Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Death of a Hero


Last night I got one of those calls that no-one ever likes to receive. My great-uncle Harold DeHart died. :( He is one of my greatest heros! He and my Aunt Dinky have always looked after me (since I came to the Triangle Area to go to school in '92).



On top of just being a stand-up guy, he is one of the most self-made people I've ever met! He is brilliant, dedicated to learning, and extremely curious about how things work! He has something like 5 patents to his name, the last being this nifty little combination table / dishwasher contraption for dorm rooms, apartments, and retirement homes. Check it out at: http://au-dine.net/index.html. Besides all that he taught himself to play the piano and violin!

Unfortunately I haven't done the greatest job of staying in touch these past few years, but I will always remember him and admire him for the impression he has made on me! Uncle Harold, I love you and hope you're doing well in the ever after!

Maddy

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Peace be with you... the loss of a close relative is never an easy thing; accordingly if there is anything I can do to help (or even if you just need a sympathetic ear) please don't hesitate to ask.

Hugs Jene
P.S. I think I saw him profiled on an episode of ‘Modern Marvels’ a while back.