Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Good Friends

You know how they say, "You can tell a lot about a person by looking at their friends?" Well, I really believe that to be true. This weekend I saw a perfect example of this. I spent the weekend at the lake celebrating my friend, Celeste's b-day! :) Well, she is totally awesome in SO many ways! The people who she usually hangs out with really demonstrate this!

First of all, they're diverse as all-get-out! She surrounds herself with people of many cultures, races, and religions. You'll never know just what kind of person you'll meet when you hang out with her, but you can bet they'll be pretty cool! :)

Second, they are all very progressive people! In her circle, there seems to be a consensus towards living a green, non-violent, and socially open lifestyle. Many of them are vegans and vegetarians and actually have good reasons for being so! Many of them are also queer, or at least accepting, which I find SO refreshing! ...being that I'm about the queerest person I know, being both BGL & T (personal joke, laugh if you get it. LOL)... ;)

Lastly, they're just nice people! I would feel just as comfortable introducing them to my mother as I do having my daughter around them. I've personally never felt more comfortable than I do when I'm around her and her friends, and to me that makes her a pretty great person! :)

Happy Birthday Celeste! :)
Maddy

No comments: